Sunday, December 30, 2007

Stage - Writing - My Goals - Advice?


black birdfall leaves centerblack bird


Updateing my Big Scary List:

So, my list:

I may change this list, cause I have not yet had time to really think it over good, but here is my basic list:


    - To write more often, and get paid to do it, even if it means writing non-fiction articles more often than fiction stories.
    - To paint-draw more often, and to sell my art online.
    - To self-publish at least one non-fiction book this year.
    - To self-publish at least one fiction book this year.
    - To win Script Frenzy 08 for the first time.
    - To take my play from Script Frenzy and find a local stage company to produce it.
    - To win NaNo08, for my third win in a row.
    - Start my own shop (Gothic clothen).



Broken down:


- To write more often, and get paid to do it, even if it means writing non-fiction articles more often than fiction stories.

I freelance off and on, but I make less than $200 a year doing it. I write both fiction and non-fiction. I've been getting paid small amounts for my non-fiction work, but getting paid for my fiction work is next to impossible. I want to make my writing my #1 sorce of income, but right now, I'd have a hard time living on what I make from writing, so I really have to do something to change that.


- To paint-draw more often, and to sell my art online.

too am an artist, but I like to keep the originals of my work! I sell prints online. Mostly though, I design cards (I paint on a very small scale, none of my art is bigger than 8x11 and most is much smaller), and I have my art printed on blank notecards which I sell online.

I started doing this in 2003 (I've been painting for about 20 years, but I only just started selling stuff in 2003). I do watercolors, pastles, and acrylics; subjects include cats, dogs, birds, fish, flamingos, peacocks, roosters, butterflies, flowers, and fairytales characters. However, I did absolutly no marketing at all. I just stuck my stuff on a website and said there it is. I made $24 the first year! No surprise, since no one knew my site was there, so no one had reason to seek it out!

Well, this year,(2007) after a few years of making no more than $70 each year off my site, I decided, this is ridiculous! There is no reason my art couldn't sell more if people just knew it was out there. So, I have for the past couple of weeks, been updateing my site, on a massive level. Before it only had about 20 items for sale. Now I have added more than 100 differant artworks, for a whoopping total of 1122 items for sale on the site! YOW! I couldn't believe it when I went back to check how many things I had listed. I've changed the layouts and how items are listed, and over all the whole site just looks a lot better. My next step is to start promoting it.

So, all that said, I'm going to add this goal to my list as well: to start making money with my art and to start making more art so that I can continue to add new products each week, to my site.



- To self-publish at least one non-fiction book this year.

I am working on a non-fiction book, which I plan to publish via the publishing house which I own.


- To self-publish at least one fiction book this year.

I am working on a couple of fiction books, which I plan to publish at least one of via the publishing house which I own.

- To win Script Frenzy 08 for the first time.


I have written a couple of very short odd plays, but nothig profesional. I have never done Script Frenzy before. I planned to do it last year, but than forgot to bookmark the date, and remembered it after it had already finished. This year, I am making sure I o not miss it. Not only shall I enter, but I shall win!


- To take my play from Script Frenzy and find a local stage company to produce it.


I don't think it will be too hard to get my play written, I have it well thought out and I think I know how I want to write it. However, this is the BIG SCARY of my Big Scary goals: To get my play on stage. I have no idea how to go about approaching a stage company and asking them to consider my play. I have no idea what I should do about geting the play published, so that I can get it to the stage director in the first place. Does anyone have any advice on that? I'm thinking I should publish it via LuLu in spiral bound and than buy about 10 copies for myself to hand out to local stage directors. I don't know yet, I'll figure it out though. Suggestions would be nice.


- To win NaNo08, for my third win in a row.


With 2 wins behind me, there is no reason why I shouldn't try for a third win right?


You can track my publishing and writing type goals on my writing blog @ http://eknano.blogspot.com




- Start my own shop (Gothic clothen).

I don't think, my store goal is realy doable this year, as it's still in the planning stages, so it'll be my goal to be completed in the next 5 to 10 years instead. To see my goals for my store, go to this thread instead: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/1074703 and you can track my business type goals on my business blog @ http://eksbusiness.blogspot.com


-------------

SHIVER
Copper Cockeral
Publishing Your NaNo Novel?



What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!




-------------




Copper Cockeral
Publishing Your NaNo Novel?
Do You and I Read the Same Books?
Want to Give Me a Reward for Reaching 50k?
*I Love Phookas!*
Copper Cockeral



black birdfall leaves centerblack bird



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Are You a NaNo Blogger Too?



This blog is part of:




Get Your Psychic Reading Today!

Need Psychic Help?
Yep, I'm an online psychic.
http://www.keen.com/EelKat
Sample Readings can be viewed HERE



My readings are done in person or via E-mail ONLY!:
(Price is PER reading, NOT per minute!)

3 Card Reading $9.69
Above-Below-Within 7 Card Reading $14.58
The Circle of Life 12 Card Reading $24.58
The Circle of Life 24 Card Reading $45.80

Welcome To EK's Writing Blog

My blog with advice for writers, answers to questions, and a random variety of whatever pops into my head and comes out as a blog post.

Welcome

If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best: Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!. Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!. Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
.

Check Out My Other Web Sites!

If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:

Former About This Blog:

Welcome

Welcome to my writing blog! If you have visited before, than you will notice some changes, namely, that the theme has changed. My long time readers well recognize this theme: Yes, SHIVER is back, and I'm am now working on my pet project once again.

For those asking "What is SHIVER?". SHIVER is my ghost story project that has taken me several years to get written down, but is finally seeing an end in sight. SHIVER is soon to be published by The Twighlight Manor Press and has a planned release date of: October 2009. Watch for it!

NaNoWrimo 2008 is just around the corner and so this blog is rising from the grave to return once again for iit's third year as my official NaNoWriMo blog.

EelKat's Latest Activity on I Believe

About This Blog:

I Won in 2006I've signed up for this year's NaNoWriMo 2007 (my third year at NaNo!) and this is my blog for it, where I talk about my thoughts about writing, my ideas for NaNo, and the progress of my contest entry for this year's National Novel Writing Month contest.


NaNoWriMo: 50,000 words in 30 days. Have you got it in you?



Quick Linker

Join Human Age!

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com

Pink Panther at  MGMStore.com! Shop the Star Trek Store Today!