Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu . . . Should we REALLY be panicking?


black birdfall leaves centerblack bird



The CDC only confirms 68 actual illnesses. I can't see how 68 people getting sick (out of 6 billion people) is cause for such a panic. that's not an epidemic. An epidemic requires a large majority of the population to get sick. How is 68 out of 6 billion a large majority of the population?

I could understand with the Avin Flu in 2005, because hundreds of birds were literally falling out of trees dead and people coming in contact with the dead birds were getting sick. Our beach was covered with dead sea gulls, ducks, loons, and sand pipers that year. It got so bad that our local sandpipers, than the most plentiful bird on the beach, is now a "critically endangered" species. THAT is an epidemic. 68 people out of 6 billion? that is not an epidemic.

I can't understand why no one is talking and panicking about the frogs. The frog population, that's an epidemic. 40 million frogs dead for no reason in less than 6 months in the fall of 2008, with 40% of all frog species going into extinction in the past 5 years and 80% of the remaining 60% are now on the endangered or critically endangered list and most of those being born with 3 eyes, 4 heads, 6 legs, or the oddest thing of all : tails! THAT is an epidemic! 68 out of 6 billion is not an epidemic.

And that's just frogs - the salamander population was hit far worse, with the entire species (all breeds) at risk of extinction within the next 5 years.

The black plague that was an epidemic. 1/3 of the entire population died. Millions and millions of people got sick. Millions died.

Diabetes, AIDS, lung cancer, breast cancer, obesity . . . those are epidemics killing millions world wide. How is 68 people getting Swine Flu considered an epidemic?

An epidemic means that the race is at risk of extinction due to a wide spread death that can not be controlled. Does 68 people getting Swine Flu REALLY mean that the human race is threatened with extinction? I don't think so!

you know, I've got a friend who is right now panicking like crazy over this Swine Flu thing (that's how I found out about it, no tv or radio, so no news) ... he's saying stuff like "I'm gonna die" and he's rushing around getting all kinds of herbs and vitamins and getting (yet another!) flu shot. I haven't been to a doctor in over 20 years, last time I had a vaccination was in the 1970's, and I have only been sick twice both times it was with chicken pox. He gets flu shots every 6 months, runs to the doctor panicking with every news report, and gets sick all the time . . . I think half the time he's sick just because he sat there terrified telling himself he was going to get sick! panicking weakens the immune system. I think if people didn't panic there would be a lot less people getting sick.

If more people knew what they were taking when they take meds and stuff, I think there would be a lot less hypcondriacs out there. I wish more people knew where their meds come from. Dead babies, dead cats, dead dogs, dead horses, dead bear, retired race horses & greyhound dogs, and lost cats and dogs (former pets) from shelters and pounds. . . Most vaccines aren't even officially proven to work! is so much death really worth it?

I am at a loss to understand why people are panicking over this Swine Flu thing. It seems illogical to panic or to refer to it as an epidemic (as many people are now calling it).


What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!


Thank You Kitty. . .Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
.

black birdfall leaves centerblack bird

Blingo

Shop the Star Trek Store Today!
Your Favorite Characters Are At CartoonNetworkShop.com!


blog comments powered by Disqus

Are You a NaNo Blogger Too?



This blog is part of:




Get Your Psychic Reading Today!

Need Psychic Help?
Yep, I'm an online psychic.
http://www.keen.com/EelKat
Sample Readings can be viewed HERE



My readings are done in person or via E-mail ONLY!:
(Price is PER reading, NOT per minute!)

3 Card Reading $9.69
Above-Below-Within 7 Card Reading $14.58
The Circle of Life 12 Card Reading $24.58
The Circle of Life 24 Card Reading $45.80

Welcome To EK's Writing Blog

My blog with advice for writers, answers to questions, and a random variety of whatever pops into my head and comes out as a blog post.

Welcome

If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best: Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!. Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!. Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
.

Check Out My Other Web Sites!

If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:

Former About This Blog:

Welcome

Welcome to my writing blog! If you have visited before, than you will notice some changes, namely, that the theme has changed. My long time readers well recognize this theme: Yes, SHIVER is back, and I'm am now working on my pet project once again.

For those asking "What is SHIVER?". SHIVER is my ghost story project that has taken me several years to get written down, but is finally seeing an end in sight. SHIVER is soon to be published by The Twighlight Manor Press and has a planned release date of: October 2009. Watch for it!

NaNoWrimo 2008 is just around the corner and so this blog is rising from the grave to return once again for iit's third year as my official NaNoWriMo blog.

EelKat's Latest Activity on I Believe

About This Blog:

I Won in 2006I've signed up for this year's NaNoWriMo 2007 (my third year at NaNo!) and this is my blog for it, where I talk about my thoughts about writing, my ideas for NaNo, and the progress of my contest entry for this year's National Novel Writing Month contest.


NaNoWriMo: 50,000 words in 30 days. Have you got it in you?



Quick Linker

Join Human Age!

Virtual human development game
free human development game
www.human-age.com

Pink Panther at  MGMStore.com! Shop the Star Trek Store Today!